Find the Top Dental Implants Dentists Near You
Email Us At: Rent@5StarDentalImplants.com to rent this page
We are the most trusted resource on the internet for finding the absolute best Cosmetic Dentists in the nation. We have compiled a list of the dentists & practices that patients have given the most positive feedback about. Let us help you find the best one in your area!
Choosing The Right Dentist For Dental Implants
Choosing the right dental implant specialist can mean the difference between a successful or unsuccessful procedure. Not only is the health of your teeth and gums at stake (a failed implant can damage your jaw bone), but just as importantly, so is the great new outlook on life you’re counting on!
Successful dental surgery requires experience and skill; something that must be done correctly because you’re making a big investment in your smile! When dental implants are professionally placed and well cared for they can last a lifetime.
Unfortunately, not everyone has the time and wherewithal to research potential each and every implant specialist and practice. That’s where we come in.
We carefully select those listed in 5 Star Dental Implants by considering their training, experience, and importantly, patient experiences.
If you’re searching on your own, consider asking these questions and gathering the following information:
- Do you have a specialty? Be aware that an ‘implantologist’ is not an accredited titled nor is it recognized by the American Dental Association. Periodontists and oral surgeons are the only specialists to receive accredited implant surgery training. Prosthodontics may also have dental implant training, but this is less common.
- How much training have you received? Ask for specific course names and dates. You’ll want to research this information to determine that classes are legitimate long-term programs and not simply weekend courses.
- How many implants have you placed? It takes time and practice to become proficient at placing dental implants. A qualified surgeon will have performed hundreds of procedures and encountered and solved an array of challenges. Being skilled in the dental implant field means your provider can prevent future complications. If the dentist you’re interviewing has only placed a few, you may want to consider finding someone more versed in the practice.
- Ask for referrals. Just as you would before making any major investment, seek referrals. Ask your dental implant provider for referrals. Personal testimonials can provide a great deal of valuable information.
- Take note of the office atmosphere. Can your practice’s receptionist answer your questions?
- Are there before and after photos available? Are brochures and other information about your procedure provided? A dental practice that specializes in implants will have all these items available.
Once you’ve completed your research you’ll want to choose the specialist who understands your needs and will provide you with high quality, individualized care. Your dental implant provider should listen to your needs and be happy to answer your questions. A good provider will explain the procedure and options and develop a treatment plan to meet your oral health needs.